ROLL TIDE, NOT: It seems that everyone you run into here in Panama City is a fan of one SEC team or another. It's mostly Alabama fans I'm running into, including a guy today with a Roll Tide tattoo on his arm. I haven't picked a fight. Yet.
WASTING AWAY AGAIN: We had dinner last night at Margaritaville. Even though we got there at 5 p.m. for dinner, there were two waits: one to get a pager and then one for the pager to buzz.
We only had to wait for 45 minutes total (instead of 2 hours) because of our small party. There was a logjam at the door. Lady: "You got to get in line just to get out of here."
GET IN THE HOLE: After dinner Wednesday night, we played some putt-putt down the street from the hotel. The par was 41. Tina shot 55; I shot 44 (par on the back nine). My short game was working really well, except on the 17th where I three-putted.
JUST AN ENTRANCE: From 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tina and I went crazy at the water park. Our night plan was to go to the amusement park across the street. However, it ain't there no more, as we found out from a worker at the water park. Worker: "About six years ago. It's weeds now, except the small entrance building is still there."
THE CURSING CORNER
We're driving around the huge parking lot of the outdoor mall where Margaritaville is located. My mom: "Where the fuck is it?" Then, as we were trying to leave. "How the fuck do we get out of here?"
One of the rides at the water park had two choices. The Free Fall (straight drop) or a weaving tunnel. Tina chose the weaving tunnel. It gave her a headache. "Should have just gone down the fucking shoot."
PARTING SHOT
We're waiting in one of the many lines. All I do on vacations is wait in lines. The teenagers, from Alabama, behind us kept quoting Step Brothers.
"Dale, no power tools."
"Don't brush your teeth with that."
"I'm almost done anyway."
"No power tools."
A TOP LIST
The return of an old friend with a new name. I'm not a fan of roller coasters, but I love water rides. My favorite five.
5) Zoom flumes. Panama City.
Get on a mat and race two others down a weaving slide. I got yelled at for laying on my stomach even though there is no sign saying not to do that. And there's like 50 signs saying what not to do.
4) Anything with a big drop.
I like the adrenaline rush and then splashing into water.
3) Splash Mountain.
All night long, baby.
2) Lagoon ride.
Used to be at the amusement park in Panama City.
1) Dudley Do-Right. Universal Studios.
Paul and I were able to do that one three times in a row because the park was about to close and most people had left. Got real wet.

No comments:
Post a Comment