Today is the 365th day in a row I've had a blog entry. That's right. I made it the whole year. And I couldn't have done it without you. Well, actually, I could have, but it wouldn't have been as fun.
It seems like it has been a year since Paul picked up a hooker on Airline, and Tina matter-of-factly said that a blow job on that street costs 20 bucks. Oh, the good times we've shared in the past 12 months. I will treasure the memories always. Hope you enjoyed the ride as well.
This posting gives me a real sense of accomplishment. Sure, I don't collect a prize or win anything, but I did gain a sense of respect for myself by sticking it out. As sad as it may be, this goal provided me with a purpose. And a way to pass the time and prevent boredom.
Now, on to the next challenge: getting a life.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
My mom watched a special on the life and times of Michael Jackson. "He recorded new songs and left them to his kids. That's gonna fly off the fucking shelf when they release 'em."
Mom isn't happy with the recent TV choices. "They got some fucking shit coming on TV this summer."
Mom sees my new insurance card and registration sitting on the counter. "You better put that shit in your car." (They go into effect Tuesday.)
FOUR CORNERS
A closer look at The Gene Pool World.
-- The temperature in my car made a drastic change Monday. When I first started the car, the temperature was 107. By the time I reached the T-P parking lot, it read 79.
Sure, there was a torrential downpour in the middle there somewhere, but still that's a heck of a drop in 18 minutes.
-- My current favorite phrase is "This blows." A lot of stuff has blown recently. Observe:
Yao's foot injury
The second half of the U.S.-Brazil soccer match
Recent work developments
The Cubs record and Mark DeRosa with the Cardinals
The July Yat-Together
-- I interacted with 12 peeps in my circle Tuesday. That's got to be some sort of record for me without a major function.
-- I've received a lecture from each of my parents about getting some sun before vacation. Of course, I didn't listen to my dad's speech as I put the phone down while he went on and on.
RANDOM THOUGHT OF EVERY SO OFTEN
A new feature as we enter Year 2 of The Gene Pool.
Why do they even bother asking you to choose theatrical version or unrated version on movie DVDs? Like, hello. Which one do you think I'm going to pick?
PARTING SHOT
Little Joe and I watched the Cubs-Pirates game Wednesday night at Bruno's. Chuck and Bob stopped by separately during the course of the evening. As Joe and I were leaving, I notice a stop sign loose in the ground.
Me: This is about to come out.
Joe: That's what Ted said.
THE DAILY TOP LIST
The top five themes of the past year of blogs. Honorable mention to sports stuff (running diaries, Brett Favre sucks), TV (watching it, comparing peeps to characters) and making co-worker lists (theme songs, definitions, truck slogans).
5) Ted.
What didn't he say?
4) Musical chairs.
From concerts I've attended to the 11 parodies and one original song I've composed.
3) Five-cent skittles.
Life hasn't been quite the same since they went away. I think we can all agree on that.
2) Women problems.
From stories of old girlfriends to recent rejections. My misery has been your entertainment.
1) Tina.
Some of my favorites: "Have some kids and do some fucking homework." "There's no school for dick day. All the little boys stay home and play with their dicks." "A fucking ape can do a fucking oil change." "Fuck you, Gene." "Jesus Christ. Look at this fucking room. It's like he's a fucking animal." Every time she says "motherfucker" or "fucking ridiculous."

No comments:
Post a Comment