AWARD CEREMONY
As the 2000s wind down, it's time to take a look at my favorite everything of the aughts. I think we'll do this in installments. Today let's focus on movies and TV.
Favorite movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. (Also nominated: Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl, Passion of the Christ, National Treasure, Cast Away.)
Favorite comedy: Anchorman. (Also nominated: Wedding Crashers, Meet the Parents, Old School, Not Another Teen Movie.)
Favorite TV comedy that started in 2000s: The Office. (Also nominated: Scrubs, Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, Psych.)
Favorite TV comedy that ended in 2000s: Friends. (Also nominated: King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond.)
Favorite drama: 24. (Also nominated: Heroes, Lost, House.)
Favorite animated movie: Up.
Favorite horror movie: Saw. (Also nominated: The Ring, The Skeleton Key.)
Favorite movie character: Jack Sparrow. (Ron Burgundy, Jigsaw, Chuck Noland.)
Favorite TV drama character: Jack Bauer. (Also nominated: Greg House, Charlie Pace, Desmond Hume, Tony Almeida.)
Favorite TV comedy character: Peter Griffin. (Also nominated: Michael Scott, Jim Halpert, Dr. Perry Cox, Shawn Spencer.)
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
My mom and I are discussing the world of pop culture.
Me: How does Jon (of him and Kate plus 8) make a living?
Mom: Has the government pay to raise his fucking kids.
I ask mom to whip up some breakfast. "I don't feel like doing shit. I'm going to sit on my ass and watch TV."
The rain throws off the balance in our pool. "Fucking every time I get the fucking chemicals right, this happens."
I catch mom muttering. "All this bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit."
PARTING SHOT
From Tyson's twitter page.
TC: I tell you what I'm going 2 miss CP throwing me the lob.
(Me too, Tyse. --dramatic pause-- Me too.)
A TOP LIST
The top five players I didn't really like getting rid of on my favorite teams.
5) Morten Andersen. Saints.
Releasing him was not a bright spot in franchise history.
4) Tyson Chandler. Hornets.
What goes up, must come ... nope, not anymore. I didn't dislike the trade, though.
3) Mark DeRosa. Cubs.
Yeah, we didn't need a second baseman this season.
2) Robert Horry. Rockets.
Traded him in deal for Barkley. Haven't been back to finals since. Ol' Bob has added five titles and helped with big shot after big shot.
1) Sam Madison. Dolphins.
Released him to save money. He later started for the Super Bowl winning Giants.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment