AFTER VACATION, I LOOK LIKE RUDOLPH
On Saturday night, I read a story for page C-8 in Sunday's section on the possibility of a poor upcoming deer season in Louisiana. You see, we haven't had much precipitation recently and that affects their food supply. A bad food supply equals less development, which means hunters will be disappointed with the size and amount of deer. Yada. Yada. Yada.
The reason I bring this up is because of my headline on the story. WANTED: RAIN, DEER. Cuz that's what hunters want right now. Rain and deer. Get it? Brick liked it. That was good enough for me.
When I checked my facebook Monday night at work, I got some great news regarding the headline. Brick sent me this message: Your Rain, Deer headline got a congratulatory e-mail from Jim Amoss. (That's the editor of the T-P. Like the main, main editor. ) I'm so stoked!
Next up on my list of goals: A call from Obama.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
The air conditioner worker people came over today to put in our new system. Woke me up at 9 a.m. My mom is worried about the process not going smoothly. "I'm gonna have to paint the fucking wall again."
I ask mom how long she'll think it will take. "I have no fucking idea."
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that Tiger Woods missed the cut at the British Open? Did you know that Walter Cronkite died? Did you know that Paula Abdul may or may not come back to American Idol?
I DIDN'T KNOW
A list of things I didn't know in the past week.
-- I thought that Rita Benson LeBlanc was Tom's daughter. Turns out, she's his granddaughter. My co-workers are ashamed.
-- I didn't know of the existence of The State until all the hoopla last week about the release of the DVD. I love almost all the shows those people did after The State (Stella, Reno 911!), so I couldn't believe I didn't know they all did a show together before that. Chuck and Gillie are ashamed. Luckily, this is why they invited Netflix.
-- I didn't know there was a door in the prep corner of the sports room. Yup, it's a closet.
PARTING SHOT
Lopes is reading the latest news.
Lopes: McNair drunk when shot.
Me: He had one shot?
Lopes: No. He was drunk (emphasized) when shot.
Me: Oh.
Bake: He had four shots too many.
A TOP LIST
The top five houses I would buy if I hit the lottery.
5) House for Tina.
Anywhere she wants.
4) Panama City Beach.
Wake up, walk to the beach.
3) Penthouse in New York.
Throw some outrageous parties.
2) North side of Chicago.
For the summer, ya know.
1) St. Charles.
I've always wanted to live in one of those big houses.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment