ME HUNGRY.
I would say much more here today, but I didn't eat during my shift Saturday night. I didn't bring food from home because there wasn't any to bring. We didn't order food because JRap wasn't here, and no one had time to go and get any. I didn't buy out of the new vending machine because, well, I don't play that game.
So, I'm cutting out early tonight for dinner ... at 12:06 a.m. Good thing Bud's is 24-7.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
My mom did some cleaning Saturday. We're rehanging the curtains. They won't go back on. "Aw, fuck me."
After the cleaning, mom cooked lunch at 2 p.m. "Bad time to be doing this. Fucking cooking at the wrong time. Fucking hottest part of the day."
I'm watching a replay of the Celtics-Bulls series on NBATV.
Mom: Dad wouldn't cut the fucking grass until this shit was over. Thought it was bad luck to cut the clovers.
Me: Really?
Mom: Yeah.
Me: The Celtics weren't that good at the time, though.
Mom: He didn't care. Wouldn't cut it.
Me: But they didn't make the playoffs but like three times in that era.
Mom: I'm not talking about the playoffs. I'm talking about the whole fucking season.
PARTING SHOTS
Jelly announces her age.
Jelly: I'm 27.
Me: Are you sure?
Jelly: Oh, no. I'm 28. Shit.
I'm watching Game 7 between the Bulls and Celtics.
Me: That rim is making funny noises.
Sandy: You mean Derry?
THE DAILY TOP LIST
My five most memorable NBA playoff series. Finals are not eligible.
5) Warriors-Mavericks. Western first round. 2007.
No. 8 Golden State runs all over Dallas.
4) Mavericks-Kings. Western semis. 2003.
Dallas had Nash, Dirk and Van Exel. Kings were coming off almost winning NBA title the year before. Game 3 was 141-137 in double overtime. Offense was all the rage.
3) Celtics-Bulls. Eastern first round. 2009.
My favorite game was Game 2 when Ray Allen hit a 3 to win it in regulation.
2) Lakers-Kings. Western finals. 2002.
I watched the last two games at Universal Studios. Peja airballed a 3 with 22 seconds left in Game 7 and Sacramento trailing by 1. Anyway, this series might have been fixed.
1) Jazz-Rockets. Western finals. 1997.
I loved Stockton and Malone. I didn't know who to cheer for in this series. It drove me crazy.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment