Monday, May 25, 2009

GENE POOL POOL PARTY. SECOND EDITION. 

Since I was off Sunday coming off the heels of Saturday's wedding, I thought: What better way to spend such a day than a pool party? Sure, bad weather threatened all day, and the pool was cold. But that wasn't no thing. 

See Tina. See Tina grill. Grill Tina grill. 

Bob attempts to create his infamous "Poolside" snapshot. Updates coming soon. Sure. The rest of the cast for the party was Chuck, Little Joe, Jenna, Kaila, Laura and gal pals Paul and Kelly, who surprisingly arrived separately. 

Joe, Jenna, Kaila and Bob went in first after dinner (which was highlighted by Chuck's comparison of the Guns N' Roses singer to Adam Sandler). It didn't take long for the rain to come. They didn't care. No one got out, and the sprinkles subsided after five minutes. 

It took me a while to get in the pool because it was so cold. I had to ease my way into the water. Once I did, I tried to see how long I could hold my breath underwater. I come up for air. 

Bob: That wasn't very impressive. 
Me: It's the first time this summer. I got to work it up. 
Bob: I think that's what Ted said. 

The swimming didn't last too long, but we didn't leave the water until creating a whirlpool. It was pretty strong. They say it hit land as a Category 4. Back on the patio, the conversation centered on movies, mainly the difference between a chick flick and a romantic comedy. 

I had my iPod shuffle hooked up to the stereo, and that played for about three hours. 

Chuck: This is quite the eclectic mix you got here. 
Me: I have no idea what's on it. Now if I can just get The Rock in there one more time.
Bob: That's what Ted said. 

Nine people ate their fill, but judging by the leftovers, it seemed as though we had recreated the Feeding of the Five Thousand. We went through four-plus bags of chips, enough turkey sandwiches to take out two loaves of bread, a whole thing of cookies, a bunch of grapes, a solid amount of alcohol and however many hamburgers and hot dogs to fill up the stomachs. 

The leftovers: 10 hot dogs and 4 1/2 hamburgers. Tina sure likes her grilling. 

THE TINA CURSING CORNER

My mom was glad that the rain didn't wreak havoc on our party. "Harahan didn't get any rain. But it fucking rained its ass off at Bonnabel." 

Mom wasn't happy to get a phone call early Monday. "The one morning I want to sleep in, and the fucking phone rings at 7 a.m." 

Mom spills some food on her shirt. "Son of a bitch. ... Bitch." 

Mom and I sit down to watch Million Dollar Password, which returned Sunday. However, it was a repeat. "Fucking comeback with a fucking re-run. How awful is that?" 

DID YOU KNOW?

Did you know that LeBron James made a buzzer-beater to win Game 2 on Friday? Did you know that Kris Allen is the newest American Idol? Did you know that the economy isn't as good as it used to be? 

PARTING SHOT
I stopped by Little Joe and Jenna's Memorial Day Barbecue. Joe offers me some food. 

Me: No, thanks. We got too many leftovers. 
Little Joe: Come on. You could use a little more meat in your life. 
Bob: I believe Ted said that. 

THE DAILY TOP LIST
My favorite five poker players. 

5) Mike Matusow. 
His nickname is "The Mouth." That should tell you enough. 

4) Annie Duke.
She's been at the table next to me before. 

3) Gus Hansen.  
The Great Dane is intriguing because he'll play any two cards any kind of way. 

2) Daniel Negreanu. 
The most talented player you could ever watch. He has an uncanny ability to figure out exactly what cards his opponent is holding. It's freaky. He's also a really nice guy. 

1) Phil Hellmuth. 
Might be the best, but his entertainment value is off the charts. Plus, he can dodge bullets, baby. 

No comments: