I've always thought of myself as a rule-breaker. Not the important rules that could land me in jail or anything. But little rules that stick it to the man. I break 'em because I can. It's fun.
Part of it is stealing things, like a Brother Martin soccer ball or that little something something I took from the wedding earlier in the month. You're not supposed to take pictures in a casino, yet I've published two on this site. What they gonna do about it?
So, when I took my camera out at the movies the other day and Palace hotshot Paul told me that it was against the rules to take a picture inside the theatre, naturally I was going to snap a photo. What did Paul do about it? Nothing. He sat, err stood, there and took it.
We saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop. That movie was a homeless man's Die Hard. A man is alone in a building with a bunch of bad guys and picks them off one by one. Some of the stunts were similar. I forgot what it was, but Kevin James wrote a note on one of the bad guys that reminded me of Die Hard's Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas. It was pretty lame overall, though.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
My mom is making breakfast. "Fuck. I got so much shit to do. He's up at fucking 4 o'clock. It's my evening."
Mom and I are watching House. Mom gives advice to Wilson concerning Cuddy. "Tell her some women aren't meant to have kids, asshole."
Mom wants me to see if Christina can get her a discount. I ask mom if she wants me to take a sample bottle to show her. "You'll probably leave it on the fucking table if you bring it in the restaurant. Just ask her if she can get a discount. Probably can get it for fucking $20. They don't give you much in here for $60."
Mom is upset at the radio. "I drove to the tanning place for five fucking minutes this morning. I have like eight radio stations. Maybe more. And I didn't hear one fucking song the whole time. Irritating. Talking bullshit."
FOUR CORNERS
A closer look at The Gene Pool world.
-- The Causeway entrance ramp reopened last Friday for the first time since November 2007. I was relieved because it shortens my drive by three to five minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this Friday until I passed it, which cost me at least five minutes. Argh.
Mom went that way Wednesday. "There's this big ol' fucking sign saying to enter bridge in right-hand lane. I can't believe you didn't see that fucking sign. Then I was the only one on there. I was like 'Oh fuck. Maybe no one else realizes it's open.' I was like 'What the fuck? Is this thing finished?' "
-- I've decided to read the Metro section of the T-P every day. It just has so much information about the happenings of the area in there. It's crazy. I feel like I'm aware of the surroundings more. People commit some weird crimes. I also like reading the letters to the editor.
This idea came about when I was unaware of the Causeway opening, and it was the main story on that day's Metro section. I tell mom that the crime stories end up in the paper almost a week later. "It takes a while to get all that shit together."
Plus, it answered my call in yesterday's blog about finding David West immediately. There he was in Wednesday's section reading a book to some disadvantaged youth. He's alive!
-- I've met a good number of people in the past two months. All of them through Bob. Maybe I should make him my social director.
-- I had one of those I'm-a-complete-moron moments last Sunday. Let's go back to my college days at the Maroon. The campus police used to send out these alerts about crime called BOLO alerts. For some reason, I never found out what the letters meant.
I thought the LO was for Loyola and the BO was something obvious I just didn't know about that had to do with the police. I was watching Psych on Sunday, and they used BOLO as a joke. Huh, that wasn't just a Loyola thing, I thought.
Then, a character said what the letters meant: Be on the lookout. Oh boy, I thought. How could I be so freakin' stupid?
PARTING SHOT
I tell Jelly the story of Lady Usher on a snack break. We're heading back to our desks and pass in front of the design computer.
Me: That woman has been a bitch all year long.
Anne: Gene, are you talking about me?
THE DAILY TOP LIST
My favorite five TV bosses.
5) Dr. Cuddy. House.
I would have fired House years ago.
4) Dr. Kelso. Scrubs.
Kelso: "What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? This guy."
3) Bill Buchanon. 24.
Has led our country through many bad days.
2) Louie De Palma. Taxi.
Danny DeVito played this little rat perfectly.
1) Michael Scott. The Office.
Michael: "Grief doesn't have to be bad. There is a such thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown."

No comments:
Post a Comment