BEST WEDDING EVER. NO. SERIOUSLY. PART I.
I'm hungover and can't think straight today. So, I'll just show you the pictures I took of Gillie and Brian's wedding Saturday. I'll tell you some stories tomorrow.

An outside view of the St. Theresa of Avila Church. Tina dropped me off right at the front door.
Several hours later, I was very glad I didn't drive.

Being the consummate groomsman that he is, Chuck, holding program, points the way to Bob and Dara.

Why is there a man doing construction work 15 minutes before the ceremony starts? In case they needed to use an emergency altar?

The Church was beautiful. I liked their Stations of the Cross. It was small and cozy in there. Lots of beautiful artwork. Speaking of beautiful. ...

Here comes the bride. With her mother. She's walking down the aisle to get married to Brian.
Everybody sing now.

I didn't have a very good look at the ceremony, namely because I am short and was sitting in the back. But I had a great view of the newly married couple leaving. Aw, look at their happy faces.

Brian and Gillie are taken away. Brian told me later that they got honked at and yelled at a lot during their ride. The whole city wanted to get in on this celebration. I don't blame them.

The sign shows us the way into the reception. I thought about taking this and pointing it in the other direction, but Lisa probably would have elbowed me hard.

Could Kate be any more excited? I think not. Her and Marcus sat next to me at Table 13 in the corner. They live in New York. Kate did the singing at the wedding and one day will hit it big on Broadway.

Nick knows he's about to make an appearance on The Gene Pool and eagerly pokes his around Dara's. You made it, buddy. Nobody can take this from you now.

I wasn't the only one taking pictures of the historic occasion. Table No. 9 in particular.

One of the Virginia Triumvirate holds his nose. Not sure if he smells something or if he's doing that dance where you hold your nose and boggie down.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Obligatory crowd shot. Had to be done.

OMG. Another crowd shot.

Gillie has a special dance with her sister, Melia.

An old blood feud between Hermes and Bogner couldn't stay bottled up for long. Before you knew it, they were at it again in their never-ending fight that has probably been going on for five years now. Nobody ever wins, really. Unless you count the audience.

Loyola Ladies. A party style that will drive you crazy. ... All the way. From Freret Street to the Avenue. They sashay by ...

A little bit louder now. Shout. A little bit louder now. SHout. A little bit louder now. SHOut. A little bit louder now. SHOUt. A little bit louder now. SHOUT. A little bit louder now. SHOUT!

When we got to Bob's car before heading to Pat O's for the after party, he found this grocery list on his car as if it were one of those annoying flyers. It was written in purple. The list: Pack oreos, Rold Gold pretzels, something I forget, peanut M&Ms, cigs and diet drink. The last two were written in a different handwriting.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
My mom was unhappy it was still cold Saturday morning. "It's so fucking cold in here. I just can't get the chill out."
Mom finds it odd that just one of the Girls Next Door is on the cover of the February issue of Playboy and not all three. "That's fucked up. Yeah. She's the only one on the cover. That's fucked up. That's bullshit."
Mom is disgusted with how Hugh just replaced the three of them so quickly. "Fucking 82-years-old. Give me a break."
I'm watching the Cardinals-Eagles game Sunday afternoon. Mom sits down.
Mom: Who else is left?
Me: Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Mom: Pittsburgh always fucking in it.
Mom didn't like the weather Sunday either. "What a drag out fucking day. Miserable. I've had a-fucking-nough."
Mom finishes watching a movie called "The Things We Lost in the Fire." She doesn't like the ending. "I was expecting a fucking fire." (I guess there wasn't actually a fire in there.)
PARTING SHOT
We're watching the Ravens-Steelers game, and Phil is upset that the Ravens scored to make the score 13-7.
Liam: Well, you know who to blame, Phil. Gene over here gave you the kiss of death earlier.
Sandy: Gene kissed Phil? What?
Phil: I think that would kill me.
THE DAILY TOP LIST
My top five basketball movies.
5) Coach Carter. 2005.
Team: one person struggles, we all struggle. One person triumphs, we all triumph.
4) The Pistol. 1991.
Fingertip control. Backspin. Follow-through.
3) Space Jam. 1996.
Great soundtrack, too.
2) White Men Can't Jump.
Except Billy Hoyle dunked that one time.
1) Hoosiers.
There's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense. True. True.
1 comment:
I'm very excited that the big fight made the blog! Thanks for not using a picture of me over Hermes's shoulder. I bet those weren't too flattering.
Post a Comment