Thursday, June 25, 2009

I THINK I GET THE POINT
NBA Draft ramblings

1) I give the Hornets a B for the draft. One huge weakness last season was the bench. Well, they drafted two guys who upgrade the bench. Collinson is super quick and can't be worse than Mike James, Antonio Daniels and Money Brown. Right?

Thornton, I really like as a scorer for the second unit. He's streaky, but during his hot stretches, that's going to be a big lift. If they couldn't draft Hansbrough and didn't want Ellington, I can certainly live with a Tiger. There's still the issue of no big-man depth. 

2) After the Hornets were eliminated from the playoffs, my first thought of a draft pick for them was UNC guard Wayne Ellington. Sure, I'm biased. But the boy can shoot, score and run the floor. So, when he was sitting there at 21, I thought there was a chance. Oh well. 

3) The Hawks drafted Wake Forest point guard Jeff Teague. D: "Well, they missed the last Wake Forest point guard." Yeah, they were a few years late on that one. 

4) Portland selected some foreign dude I never heard of. The draft analyst on ESPN says they won't use him right away: "They'll put him on ice for a while." Damn.

5) As a whole, this draft blows. 

6) I was happy for Ty Lawson ending up with the Nuggets, who play like North Carolina. That's going to be a great fit. Except for the part where he doesn't have any neck tattoos. 

THE TINA CURSING CORNER

In the early evening Wednesday, my mom bangs on my door and tells me to hurry up and get outside. I did to find this creature sitting on our fence. 

We're no animal experts, especially mom. "What the fuck is that?" An hour later, it was still there. "What the fuck's it doing here?" It left at nightfall. 

Mom was quiet Thursday. This was our opening exchange and our last exchange.
Me: What's crackin' momma?
Mom: Not a fucking thing.

PARTING SHOTS: THE MICHAEL JACKSON EDITION
JRap is talking to his wife Marion on the phone.

Marion: So, Michael finally beat it?

We're about to go down for dinner.

JRap: How do you think Michael's death will impact the NBA draft?
D: There'll be more children there.

Brick anticipates a lot of Michael coverage in the weeks to come.

Brick: Nancy Grace is now the Michael Jackson beat reporter.
Liam: Good. Now, We don't have to hear about the bitch in Florida who killed her kid anymore.

THE DAILY TOP LIST
The top five men you could argue who I have an unhealthy liking of. Aka man crushes. Honorable mentions include Justin Timberlake and Carlos Zambrano. 

5) Lenny Kravitz. 
That's a beautiful man. 

4) Will Smith. 
Edges out Harrison Ford in the actor category because I have three of his albums.

3) Weird Al.
I have 108 songs by him on my iTunes.

2) Hulk Hogan. 
I once said that I'd rather hang out with him than his daughter. And I have a poster of him from the 80s in my second room. 

1) Tyler Hansbrough. 
Now that he's off to obscurity in Pacer land, this relationship is on the rocks. JK. 

No comments: