MERRY CHRISTMAS
I went to Midnight Mass after watching a few episodes of Spin City last night. If you're going to go to Christmas Mass, it might as well be at midnight. That's the way to go. Much more festive and exciting.
Lots of couples at the Midnight Mass. I tell you Christmas time is really the only time of year I get lonely. Like put-on-a-sad-face lonely. Like thinking-of-joining-E-Harmony lonely.
On the left we have saxophone-playing Santa. Mom loves hitting the button to make the jolly one boogie down. He bends his knees and gets all into it. Though I can't remember what carol he plays. Uh. Uh. Then, we have a carol-singing angel and a sleigh-riding Santa with all his gifts for the kiddies. Ain't that precious?
I've been hanging this stocking for Santa ever since I can remember. I used to have two (the other one had my name in glitter), but I guess Tina figures I'm too old for two stockings of stuff. Oh phooey. That's all candy in there, baby. Should last about a month.
Oh, and I watched all the episodes from my favorite Christmas episode list today. Really got me in the holiday spirit. Mom didn't enjoy it so much, though. "I see you've taken over the living room."
The Honeybees were dressed in full Christmas gear and taking pictures at halftime. First come, first serve. I spent most of halftime observing this photo session. It was mostly kids getting their pictures taken (I guess to put next to their picture with Santa). Also, dads with their kids.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
My mom opens the refrigerator. She yells: "You get gravy all over the fucking place every time you open a container."
Mom can't believe the heat on Christmas. "It feels like fucking summer out there."
Mom struggles opening the back door. "I tell you what. This fucking door."
I tell mom that John Lennon didn't go to his high school reunions. "Why? Because he's fucking John Lennon."
PARTING SHOTS
JRap is talking to Phil about something sports-related.
JRap: They fall into their own traps.
Me (chiming in): That happened to the Roadrunner a lot, too.
Lopes: You mean the coyote?
Max finds a mistake on the front.
JRap: You know, Max isn't just chopped liver.
Me: Not just chopped liver?
THE DAILY TOP LIST
My top five gifts from Santa.
5) Portable DVD player. 2004.
I still use this.
4) Toy truck. 1988.
I was a speed demon on that thing.
3) Wrestling ring. 1987.
Imagine the joy this brought me. I still have some of the wrestlers, but Tina gave away the ring.
2) Computer. 1995.
It had games on it. That's all I cared about. I think it was ahead of its time, but by the time the whole computer thing took off, I was way behind the times.
1) Nintendo. 1990.
Oh the joy I had that morning. Mario. Mario. Mario. And it still works. Yeah, that's right.

No comments:
Post a Comment