Tuesday, July 8, 2008

PLEASE NO ANY OUTSIDE DRINKS ALLOWED TO BRING INSIDE THE RESTAURANT

That's the sign that is taped on the entrance door at my favorite Chinese restaurant, Oriental Triangle on Jefferson Highway. That's some bad English. I hope my Chinese isn't that bad.
But I've read that sign so many times shaking my head on the way in that it's actually starting to make sense to me. I'm also starting to say "no any" instead of just no.
I feel like I should tell the manager something. He's a friendly guy. But then again, it adds to the ambiance of the place. Or maybe I should just scratch out the "Please," "any" and the "to bring." Then add a period at the end, followed by "Thanks." 
I also wonder how many other people notice this language atrocity. 

NECKLACE CHANGE

For those of you interested, I've just changed my necklace. I used to have a sterling silver necklace with a soccer ball hanging on the end. I've switched to a regular silver necklace with a double-sided emblem hanging off. On one side, there is a soccer field, a scoreboard, a soccer ball and a cleat in the process of kicking set soccer ball. The other side has an image of St. Christopher kneeling with an angel over his shoulder. It says: "St. Christopher" on one half and "Protect Me" on the other.

AND WE'RE ON THE AIR

I went to WWE Raw last night with my buddy Paul. It was our seventh live event since January 2007. That's a lot. But it was the first time in 790 episodes of Raw that it has been in the Big Easy. Bout friggin' time I say.
We sat two seats away from the railing to the left of the entrance ramp. The little kids and their mothers sitting around us kept discussing if they were on TV every time a wrestler walked by. Especially after the match when the good guy would shake hands. No, you idiots. You weren't on TV. The show is on commercial. They're not wasting air time to show your kid touching the wrestlers every time. Don't know if I made it on TV, but I probably looked like a fool if I did.
Kiss cam is always entertaining at wrestling events. They do the traditional (is that really a sporting-event tradition, now?) thing but then show two girls or two guys to see what happens. Well, last night, they showed two girls (no kiss), then three sets of two guys (including two workers). One time, a dude kissed his buddy on the cheek. How sweet.
Also, I think I touched John Cena's fingertip when he passed by at the end of the show. I couldn't get my hand all the way out because the kiddies were in the way, but I think we grazed fingertips. Either that or the wind from his hand slapping the others nipped against my fingertip. But what the heck, I'll say we touched. Boy, that sounded girlie. 
After the show, Paul and I went to the Quarter just to see what was cracking. We didn't see any wrestlers. However, we did get several free passes to various strip clubs handed to us. One of them had an expiration date of 3/31/08. Thanks a lot, free-boobie pass-handout guy. And there must be a deaf convention in town because 50 percent of the peeps (and they were all in sizable groups) I saw on Bourbon were signing to each other.

THE DAILY TOP LIST 
This thing needs a catchy name. I've been thinking of ideas but nothing good yet. If you have one, let me know. Anywho, today's list is my top 5 rock songs since 2006. Also, I'm going to start counting backward to build up the drama. Giving No. 1 first takes out the fun.

5) 21st Century. Red Hot Chili Peppers. 
4) Troublemaker. Weezer.
3) It's the Only One You've Got. 3 Doors Down.
2) The Pretender. Foo Fighters.
1) Hum Hallelujah. Fall Out Boy.




 

No comments: