Apparently, world has gotten out about the blog. Must be all good news because the blog got a shout out on CBS, America's most watched network. The reference came when my mom and I were watching Sunday's Million Dollar Password this morning.
For those of you unfamiliar with the game, it was an old game show. The Odd Couple did an episode on it, and in 1997, that episode was voted the No. 5 TV episode of all-time. Here's how it works. One contestant is given five clues. He has 30 seconds to get his partner to say the words. Just like Taboo. Except there's no buzz words. And you can only say one word at a time. For instance if the clue is Christmas, one would say presents. If the contestant can't get the clue, his partner then gives another clue. It's a lot of fun.
So, the clue was denim. Person says jeans. The other person misunderstands and says pool. To me, one person said gene's, the other person said pool.
He must be addicted to this site.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY CAR
My Jetta made one year today. Let's go through the stats.
-- Three drivers (two accused of stealing it).
-- Two oil changes (one successful).
-- Five washes (two by Volkswagen).
-- Action: One girl.
-- Gas the first time I filled up: 2.59; the most recent time: 3.99.
-- Miles: 7,100
-- Damage: a dent from a baseball; a staple in the back passenger tire
-- Cop instances: One. For starting the car through the intersection before the light turned.
POKER NIGHT
Went down to Harrah's last night. Forget about the big event in the city. Sure, there were traffic problems, but I eventually got to the parking lot. Damn, the area was hopping.
Was playing limit poker with 100 dollars. At about the three-hour mark, I'm running out of chips. Some of it bad luck. A lot of it my fault. I have five dollars left. I go all in before the flop with K-J. I win. Ten minutes later, I'm down to five bucks again. I go all in without looking. Person who wins the side pot shows two pair. I figure I'm out of there. I turn over the cards (still haven't looked), and I have a higher two pair. One hour later, I'm fifty-six bucks up and leave. Five dollars left to up 56. That's impressive. I left like I stole something.
THE DAILY TOP LIST
The top five most physical painful experiences I've had.
1) Broken tibula. April 2000. Broke it right where it meets the ankle. Couldn't run until October. Could still feel pain in May. And the cast itched like a bitch.
2) Kidney stone. March 2007. Woke up with it. Felt like I was going to die. Went from three cokes a day to one. And hardly any water to about 80 ounces a day.
3) That's private. Literally. July 2005.
4) Black and blue arm. Summer 1992. I was hit in the left arm with a baseball. Two and a half weeks later, there was still a black-and-blue circle on my arm. Then, I was hit in that spot again. By a 10-year-old throwing 70 mph.
5) Once again. That's private. December 2001.

No comments:
Post a Comment