Wednesday, April 22, 2009

NOT THE OFFICIAL DAILY BLOG FOR APRIL 22. IT IS BELOW THIS.

HORNETS-CHICKEN NUGGETS GAME 2 RUNNING DIARY

9:44: Wasn't this game scheduled for 9:30? Oh, that's right. Games always start late. I keep forgetting this. 

9:45: Except for the No. 1 seeds (and everyone's pick to meet in the Finals), every series going into tonight's game is tied at 1-1. Let's keep that theme going, shall we? 

9:47: Barkley doesn't think the pushing and shoving was much in Game 1. Sir Charles: "I've been kissed harder." Oh-kay. 

9:48: The announcers words aren't matching the movements of their lips. Good thing we're not here to watch the announcers. 

9:49: Tip-off. We won that. Small victories help gain confidence, folks. 

9:54: 6-6. West 3-for-3. I think he's playing better tonight. His aggressiveness is the key. 

9:55: CCC! 

9:58: P.J. is killing me. His voice is raspy, and he's an idiot. My head might explode. He just said CP3 reached in on Chauncey and made it an easy call for the officials. Uh, he was hand-checking Billups, but his hands didn't come close to reaching in. Ugh. 15-13. 5:34. 

10:02: Our interior defense is reminding me of last season. Tyson has contested several shots well. D-West just blocked one. 

10:03: Tina is watching American Idol in the other room. She's upset. "Motherfucker. I told ya'll. Fuck. He's the best fucking singer!"

10:07: They call Billups the Commander-in-Chief of the Chicken Nuggets. How gay is that?

10:08: You know, Byron Scott didn't get any votes for Coach of the Year this season. I wonder if that has anything at all to do with the fact that he still thinks Money Brown should be playing. 18-18. 2:54.

10:10: Did you know Billups made eight 3s in Game 1? 

10:14: MONEY!!!! He giveth and taketh away. He scores and then leaves Billups open for 3. Didn't we go over this after Game 1? DON'T LET CHAUNCEY BILLUPS SHOOT 3S!!!!!

10:16: So much for West getting it going. 3-of-9. 

10:18: Oh boy. Same score as Game 1 (27-25 CN) after first quarter. That's a great sign. (Rolling eyes.)

10:22: Shot-clock violation. Shot appeared to hit rim. Announcers think so. Byron Scott doesn't argue. He's not big on fighting for his players. 

10:25: JUJU in the game. Don't adjust your TV sets. That is him. 

10:28: We're defensive rebounding well. As soon as I type that sentence, the announcer informs us that the Hornets are plus-10 in rebounds so far. Yes. I was right. 

10:36: Byron Scott waits too long to call timeout. And way too long to put CP back in. We haven't made a shot in some time. Bunch of close ones, like the one JuJu just missed. Got to make those. 41-33. 5:21.

10:39: Mark Fein just said backwards. No such word, buddy.

10:41: Someone wake up CP. 

1o:51: CCC 2!

10:54: End of the first half. Just like in Game 1, the Wasps are down by eight. Nuggets made a big run there in the middle of the second. That's the difference. With all these similarities, looks like a blowout on the horizon. Unless Paul wakes up from his nap. 

10:56: For the halftime show, I will watch tonight's episode of Scrubs. There's only two left after this one, you know. 

11:15: And we're back. BEE-FENSE. So much for defensive rebounding.   

11:19: 3-balls get us in shouting distance. CP finally scores. But they scoring way too easily. 

11:22: We made four 3s in a row, and it was like it meant nothing as they have an 11-point lead with five something left. I have a feeling Marcus just called Ballgame at work. 

11:59: Uh. Uh. I turned off the game at 78-62. I couldn't stomach the rest. I hope I don't have to sit in the Arena for two losses. I'm not even going to edit this thing. 

No comments: