GENEPOOL GIVES HOUSTON A PROBLEM. DAY SEVEN.
On our last day in Houston, Paul and I went walking around downtown. I now know where I'm going if I'm ever in downtown Houston again. The rest of the city, not so much.
On this sign, two rules stand out to me. 1) You are not allowed to use your firearm in the park. That's bullshit. 2) You are not allowed to molest the ducks or the plants in the park. Way to take out all the fun, man.
We met several homeless people downtown Tuesday. The most interesting encounter, however, was one I observed. A nurse is walking down the street, and as he passes a homeless man sitting on the street, he turns to the homeless man, bends down and says hello.
Homeless man: Can you spare some change?
Nurse: No. I don't have any.
Homeless: Anything?
The nurse didn't answer and just kept on walking. Shouldn't there be a law that if you initiate contact with a homeless person, you have to give them something? That was a big-time slap in the face. What a douche.
When the Astros won the game, this guy turned to his girlfriend, hair left, and said: "You know why we won? It was because of my rally cap." Yeah. That's it. You helped them rally from the tie. Good job.
Other notes from the game:
1) George H.W. Bush and Barbara were on Kiss Cam. I was stunned. Can't decide if that ranks higher than Jelly on Kiss Cam.
2) The Cubs lost. Oh well. It's a long season. The dream of 162-0 is over.
3) The first 5,000 or so fans got a free Astros hat. I left mine in a cup holder. Oops.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
Now back to its regularly scheduled segment.
I arrive home just before 6 a.m. Wednesday from Houston. I'm unpacking. My mom sees what I got Chuck from Dave & Buster's. "What the fuck is that?" I explain. "Put it with the rest of the shit."
As I'm unpacking, mom tells me that Simon gave an American Idol contestant a standing ovation. I say that's unbelievable. "It is. Cuz I ain't never heard of the fucking song."
I tell mom that I had a steak in Houston.
Mom: What was it? $30?
Me: Yeah.
Mom: Fucking steaks. Getting fucking ridiculous. Does Paul eat steak?
Me: No.
Mom: He doesn't eat seafood, either. What the fuck does he eat?
Mom shows me the clip of Simon from American Idol. "Fucking 80s. No good music."
Mom updates me on the news. "See the 15-year-old that killed the bartender? Had that fucking ankle bracelet on. Well, he wasn't following the rules, and the judge didn't do anything about it. If he had, that fucking girl would be alive. Now, her family has quite the lawsuit. Gonna get that judge fucking barred."
Mom is pissed because the mailman skipped our house Monday. "I guess I didn't have any mail, but he didn't come get my Netflix disc. He was too fucking lazy to open the mailbox."
PARTING SHOT
Paul and I had lunch with Matt by his work Tuesday afternoon.
Matt: I got a booty text last week. She's like, 'Are you coming into town for Easter?' She's thinking ahead.
Me: Get it? Hee. Hee.
Matt: What?
Paul: No. You're thinking of head.
THE DAILY TOP LIST
The top five quotes from wrestlers or about wrestling from my week in Houston.
5) Shelton Benjamin. Wrestler.
I'm getting his autograph.
Me: Promise not to kill yourself out there on Sunday?
Shelton: No.
4) Me and a guy on the rail.
Some douche on the way to WrestleMania tells everyone in earshot about how predictable the results are. He lists all the winners for the nine matches and says it's obvious.
Me: Well, this guy has it all figured out. We might as well turn around and go home.
(Laughter on the rail.)
Douche (to me): I have connections.
Me: Oh. OK.
(And how many of the nine matches did he predict correctly? Four. That's almost half. I can flip a coin and say it will be heads every time and do that well.)
3) Older lady on the rail.
Her and another woman are talking about Shawn Michaels.
Lady: Shawn Michaels is one white boy I would date. He's got a nice booty. It's DE-LIC-IOUS.
2) Mr. Kennedy. Wrestler.
A bunch of us are waiting in an autograph line. He comes walking by wearing sunglasses.
Mr. Kennedy: There are two types of people that wear sunglasses in doors: blind people and assholes. ... And I ain't blind.
1) Joey Styles. Announcer.
I'm talking one-on-one with Joey. He's famous for yelling: OH MY GOD! during broadcasts.
Joey: You know who invented the phrase OH MY GOD?
Me: Who?
Joey: My wife. On our honeymoon.
Me: Ha.
Joey: And I haven't heard it since.
Me: Aww.

No comments:
Post a Comment