Monday, April 27, 2009

A NEW AGE HAS BEGUN. AN AGE OF FREEDOM. ...

I have an announcement to make, on this the 300th day in a row I've posted. And the announcement is this: This is Sparta! Ha, just kidding. The actual announcement is that the streak will reach 365 (that's a year for you calendar nerds out there) before falling into the pit of death.  

Don't worry. The TCC will still be making appearances. As well as those classic parting shots. But I've been looking at this site in the past month or so as a one-year project where I write about everything that happens to me. Later in life, I'll be able to look back and remember all that transpired from the summer of 2008 to the summer of 2009. That will be nice. 

This gives me more free time, especially on my off days. Plus, there aren't many top lists (open to suggestions) left to do. I'll still have them. They just won't be daily. 

So join me, if you will, for the conclusion of this magical journey over the next 65 days. Hopefully, there are exciting twists and turns ahead of us. And maybe some cake at the end. 

I can tell you that in May there will be a five-part series (every Friday or every Saturday) on my relationship with Megan. I wanted to do another multi-part series, and this was the best idea I had. No. It won't be as good as the Regina one, but then again, what would be? 

THE TINA CURSING CORNER

My mom tells me that a Cox Cable worker was up fooling with the wires early Monday. "I looked out the window and saw him. I was like, 'What the fuck is he doing?' " 

We watched the fourth disc of Season 3 of Lost.
-- On Kate and Sawyer fighting: "I'd rather be with someone than be fucking alone if I were on that island."
-- On Jack playing football with the others. "Kate's like, 'What the fuck? I came all the way out here to save you, and you're playing catch?' Look at her. She can't believe it. She's like, 'What the fuck?' " 

When I returned home from the Hornets game (more on that tomorrow), mom awoke briefly to chat. 
Mom: Did they win?
Me: Nope. 
Mom: They got stomped? 
Me: Yeah. But only by 58. 
Mom: Are you serious?
Me: Yup. 58 points. 
Mom: Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Jeezum. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Fuck! 58 points. That's another game. Jesus. Fifty-eight fucking points. 

DID YOU KNOW?

Did you know that the iPhone has an ap for that? Did you know that the Saints drafted a punter Sunday? A punter. I can punt the ball 40 yards with some decent hangtime. Did you know that you can order a pizza online? Crazy. Did you know that ER still comes on TV, except they just changed the name of the show to SouthLAnd and made it about cops? Did you know that there is currently an outbreak of the swine flu? 

PARTING SHOT
Lopes went to Quiznos for dinner Monday night. A girl worker is making his sandwich.

Lopes: Light mayo and light mustard, please.
Worker: We don't have light mustard. Only regular mustard.

THE DAILY TOP LIST
The top five celebrities I would want to do my voicemail message. 

5) Will Ferrell. 
It'd be outrageous and funny. 

4) Any number of famous hot chicks. 
"Gene can't come to the phone right now because his hands are full. With me. He. He. " 

3) Sean Connery. 
Or better yet, Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery. 

2) Hulk Hogan. 
"Whatcha gonna do when Gene doesn't answer his phone? Well, I'll tell you, brother. You're going to say your prayers that he calls you back after you leave this message, brother."

1) Morgan Freeman. 
I'd have him go into a long monologue about the state of my life and why I can't answer the phone. The end would be: "At the sound of the tone, please leave Gene a message. That's goddamn right." 

No comments: