I'm starting to worry about actors' egos on the set. We have a lot of big stars and will need many individual trailers. Since this film seems to have an unlimited budget, maybe I can hire Chuck Norris to keep the peace. This is also the penultimate edition of casting. Today's installment consists of people I've known since at least high school or associate with now through people I've known since at least high school.
PAUL: Jason Alexander. Paul's favorite show is Seinfeld on which Alexander starred as George. Both George and Paul have struggled with women over the years. Plus, Paul might be losing his hair. Runner-up: Kevin Smith.
BERT: Kevin James. Neither has ever been bashful around food. In several episodes of King of Queens, James goes on a diet to trim down. Bert has done so many times and pretty successfully with Atkins recently. Both of them have upbeat senses of humor and make me laugh consistently. Runner-up: The ever-busy Gene Pool star Seth Rogen (for the curly hair).
MINKUS: Daniel Radcliffe. Radcliffe plays Harry Potter, worshiped by nerds, geeks and dorks around the world. Depending on your definition, Minkus might be all three of those rolled into one. They both wear spectacles. And Paul tells me that Harry Potter tried to get with an Asian. Runner-up: The original Minkus.
KELLY: Sarah Chalke. This will be an easy gig for Chalke. All she has to do is play the Elliot Reed character from Scrubs. Elliot and Kelly can go from super excited to down in the dumps in the snap of a finger. Their bangs get in their hair. Look, she even came to my 24th birthday party dressed like the doctor. Runner-up: That little girl from Little Miss Sunshine.
DAVID: Seth Green. In Can't Hardly Wait, Seth's character thinks he's gangsta like Johan Santana. David often acts and talks like he's a gangsta. Both are short and feisty. David's father, however, is not an evil genius. But we won't let that stop the casting. Runner-up: Matt Damon (see Allen).
JACOB: Jack Black. Jacob fancies himself a younger Jack Black. He quotes Black fairly often and has Black's CD memorized. They are both stocky and rock crazy-ass facial hair. Runner-up: Jeff Bridges as The Dude.
ALLEN: Ryan Reynolds. These fellows are both tall and heartthrobs. They share a similar sarcastic sense of humor. Runner-up: Ben Affleck (See David).
BONES: Michael Richards. Both are tall, lanky and sort of disgusting. As Kramer, Richards once turned his apartment into a smoking den. Bones smokes a pack a sitting. Kramer and Bones have gotten around, if you know what I mean. Runner-up: Is Joe Camel alive?.
DAD: Harrison Ford. When I was a kid, I always imagined my dad as a hero. He told me he could flick off the light switch and be comfortably in bed before the light went out. I believed him and would try at night to do it myself. Ford is the ultimate hero. Perfect match. Runner-up: Tom Selleck (almost cast as Indiana Jones).
MOM: Marissa Tomei. Both are beautiful Italian firecrackers. Marissa got her start on As the World Turns. My mom watches that show every day. Plus, Marissa has had practice cursing in My Cousin Vinny. "Bam, a fucking bullet rips off part of your head ... Now I ask you, would you give a fuck what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?" Mom thinks that movie is "fucking hilarious." Runner-up: Wanda Sykes.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
Did you know that there is only one October? Yup. It only comes once a year. There aren't two or three or 658. There is only one. I swear it's just the one. I learned this last year during the one October of 2007. This Major League Baseball campaign for the playoffs is annoying and moronic. No shit October comes once a year. So does January, February, etc. So does Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc. There is only one daylight savings time. Wait. Scratch that one. But plenty of things come once a year. That doesn't show how the baseball playoffs are special. It just shows that the playoffs are a lot like other things.
Retro quote: September 29, 2004
Kelly Brown meets some Marooners while we're watching Jeopardy! We'll all juniors and seniors.

2 comments:
I'm not sure "freaked out" is an accurate description of Shelby's reaction to "come get your daughter's car, it's smushed." I would say "sobbing hysterically and screaming" was more of what was going on. That was just a terrible situation.
However you were a big help with the hugs and whatnot. Also, your mom helped when she finally woke up after hanging up on you a couple of times. Strangely, I think that kind of made the night ... Tina just slept through the ordeal.
Yes. Yes it did. Yah. Freaked out was a tad mild.
Post a Comment