Thursday, August 20, 2009

ANNIVERSARY WEEK CONTINUES

It was eight years ago today that I started working at the T-P. How did I celebrate this anniversary? By drinking heavily. 

THE TINA CURSING CORNER

My mom enjoyed reading the story about the JC Penny caper on the front page of Thursday's paper. "You see someone got into the fucking JC Penny and stole $1.5 million? That ain't the only one. They hittin' all the fucking JC Pennys. Fucking robbing JC Penny. Not a jewelry store. JC Penny." 

Mom read something or saw something about Natalie Portman. "Did you know she graduated from Harvard? She has a fucking IQ out of this world." 

Mom sees the beginning of the fight Shockey got into during practice with the Texans on the news. She yells: "Here's the fight! ... Kick his ass!" 

COUPLES NIGHT

On Wednesday night, I met Little Joe and Jenna and Bert and Kelly (my favorite two couples from different groups of friends) at the Fox & Hound. 

Our plan was to play some highly competitive shuffleboard. That plan was thwarted, however, when the people already occupying the game when we arrived didn't stop playing for the next hour and a half. Basterds. 

RANDOM THOUGHT OF EVERY SO OFTEN

I'm trying to start a new thing where you refer to someone by deleting the first letter of his/her first and last name. It's been fun so far. 

No comments: