Tuesday, August 13, 2013

OH, I HAD THE CHICKEN.

I WAS OFTEN ACCUSED OF BEING A TEACHER'S PET

On Monday night, I had dinner with Joe and Jenna at Dixie Chicken & Ribs off Harrison. It was a lovely meal, though the service left a little to be desired. 

It took forever for our food to come and then forever to get the check. A refill I asked for never came. 

But did we complain? Nah. We just enjoyed each other's extended company. The waitress should be glad we weren't in a hurry. 

After dinner, we went back to their house, and they showed me their honeymoon pictures, filled with Jenna wearing fun hats and some beautiful European scenery. And beer, of course. 

I was joined on the couch by Lucky. 


And then Lucky got cozier. 


Kelly would call that playing Dick Dog. But it got me to thinking about how I grew up hating pets. Now, I have a fondness for three of my friends' pets. 


There's also Rachel's cat Elphaba, who likes to bite me as well. 

And Kelly's dog Turley, who doesn't quite understand the meaning of fetch. 


Almost picked up a pet of my own on the way home from work Sunday. 


This turtle was crossing Jefferson Highway. I circled back around to get this  shot before he could get to the other side. When I stopped in the middle of the road to snap the photo, the turtle also stopped. Mighty nice of him. 

THE TINA CURSING CORNER

My mom had trouble making a purchase on Amazon last week. "What's up with my fucking Amazon? Now I can't ever fucking order again." (She figured it out.)

Mom made me breakfast recently. "These fucking biscuits are a pain in my ass."

Mom's thoughts on the Breaking Bad premiere. On the beginning: "That's fucking Walt's pool." On the middle: "Jesse is in a bad way. He needs to come the fuck out of it." On the end: "That was fucking intense."

YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY

After the slideshow Monday, I stopped at Lager's for a beer or three. I was a bit tipsy when I left but found Cleary easy enough. 

A few blocks down Cleary, I realized that my house is in the other direction. Nothing a U-turn couldn't solve.

No comments: