I started and stopped my car 12 times Monday. It was a busy 11 hours. Here's where I went:
1. Mom's house at 11 a.m. Waited for her to get ready.
2. Post office. Mom got stamps. Probably the second time I've ever been in a post office. Strange place.
3. Sally's in Elmwood. She bought some product. Somebody cut us in line to check out. We were waiting for the cashier to come, and when she finally came back, this other last just shoved her products to the cashier and started yapping like she belonged first in line. Wasn't worth it to say anything. But the nerve of some people.
4. Old Navy. Across the street. Mom couldn't make the walk, so we drove the fifty feet. Old Navy didn't recognize her card, so we didn't get the coupon she was trying to use. Mom was pissed. She stormed out.
5. The bank. Mom has had the same bank since she was 15.
6. Oriental Triangle. We were going to have lunch, but mom had this excruciating pain, so I called the doctor's office at 1:08 p.m from the Chinese parking lot. There was an appointment available for 1:30.
7. Doctor's. He suggests that her new pain is from needing a massage. Well, several messages.
8. Outback. Actually had lunch. I told Nicole to pick me up some steak Sunday night, but she refused and only brought me catfish that her aunt made. I had a craving, though, and Outback was right there. We split a brownie for dessert.
9. Mom's house. I gave her a massage and felt a lot of knots.
10. Grandma's. She made porkchops and baked spaghetti, and I picked some up for dinner. Best baked spaghetti ever. Had a long talk with my dad and received more bad news.
11. Work. Got three hours of overtime to read some stories for the prep preview.
12. Home just before 10.
THE TINA CURSING CORNER
My mom is watching a soap opera she doesn't normally watch. "This bitch. Leaves soaps saying she wants to do more stuff and now she's doing soaps again. Her character on the Young and the Restless is about to come out of a coma."
She continued.
"Who would let someone stay in a fucking coma for over a year anyway? If I woke up from that, I'd kill my kids."
Even before we got to the doctor Monday, mom was saying she needed a massage. "If a masseuse were to touch my neck right now, they'd wonder how I was fucking still alive."
Mom couldn't figure out why this lady wouldn't return her phone calls. She got an answer Tuesday. "Her kids thought it would be a good idea to throw the fucking phone into the pool. So she didn't have a phone for three days."
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Wednesday marked a double anniversary for yours truly. We celebrated our eighth anniversary for Yat-Together dinners. Can't believe we've been doing this since August 2006.
And on August 20, 2001, I had my first day at da paper to train on the computer. That's 13 years if you're bad at math.

No comments:
Post a Comment