Last Tuesday, I assembled a trivia team to compete at the Mid-City Bulldog. Our team was named after a recent Rock insult.
At the halfway point, we were tied for second place and before the final question, we were in second.
We got the bonus to surge to a victory and a $50 gift card. It was a real team effort. And we gave a 100 percent.
We agreed to cash in the gift card later, but after a few people left, Joe, Bob and I split a $15 pitcher. Sorry, Bert.
SHE SAID SHE ATE CORN DOGS
Nicole and I went to the Katy Perry concert last Wednsday night. Suffice to say, I loved it.
I was surprised by how many young girl fans she has. I get that she wears bright colors, but the lyrics are not little girl appropriate. Here's a picture we took from our seats.
As for the rest of my experience, I thought I'd tell you about it with a song, parodying Last Friday Night, which, of course, is not little girl appropriate. It is my second or third favorite Katy Perry song.
Last Wednesday Night
There's little girls in the seats
There's crazy traffic in the streets
Balloons all over the rena
Pink light sticks, cleopatra
I feel like a girlie man
Max was her biggest fan
A selfie taken in the pit
Did Max just touch her tit?
A picture of last week
Ended up online
I'm screwed
Oh well
I'll get poked fun at
But I love that kitty cat
Damn
Last Wednesday night
Yeah we danced in the crowd
And we screamed a bit too loud
Think we roared but I forgot
Last Wednesday night
Yeah we saw the fireworks
And dancers and their twerks
So we lived our teenage dream
Last Wednesday night
She was walking on thin air
Wore a dress that made me stare
Then had a birthday sex song
Last Wednesday night
Yeah I think I saw a horse
Wish she didn't ever stop-op
ooh-ohh
This Wednesday night
Listen all again
This Wednesday night
Listen all again
Trying to recall the stage
The long wait caused some rage
Think her jokes hit the spot
One about kale and then pot
Wardrobe changes were fun
After Cali girls she wasn't done
Think she played on a guitar
I was watching from afar
Repeat chorus
PAUL'S NERDIE ASS TURNS 30
Paul's 30th birthday was last Saturday, and he had a dress as your favorite hero/villain party at his house.
I told him that like any other Saturday night, I would be working. But through a little luck, I was off and surprised him, as Indiana Jones.
The costume was complete with Indiana Jones shirt, man purse, hat and whip. I spent too much on it, but oh well. Kelly and Nicole went as Batman and Robin.



No comments:
Post a Comment