Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DRINK UP. THEY MIGHT PLAY BETTER.

FOUR CORNERS

-- I had the most popular story (http://www.nola.com/arts/index.ssf/2013/11/wwe_superstar_john_cena_lookin.html) on the entire site Friday. In other wrestling news, I went as CM Punk for Halloween. Didn't take a picture, though. 

-- I have five 8s in my bank account amount right now. My goal is to get to seven. 

-- I went to the first ever Pelicans basketball game. Team looked good despite the loss but not so much since. The good news is we got a bar right next to our section. 


And I still have tickets left to a bunch of games. Five bucks a pop. Get some. 

-- I turn 30 Sunday. Tina has been calling me that for five months, but now it's really here. Bob points out that my usefulness as a running back is about to expire. I wasn't born until 4:40 p.m., so I could still suit up for the noon games Sunday. They say the 30s are the best. I guess I'm about to find out. 

THE TINA CURSING CORNER

My mom is annoyed that the box set coming out for the complete Breaking Bad set doesn't come in regular DVD form. "Doesn't look like they selling regular DVDs. Just fucking blu ray."

Mom is working on the house. "I need a new doorbell. The fucking white button dry rotted."

And she's painting again. "I let the guy talk me into a galloon of paint for six shutters. Could have gotten by with a fucking quart."

Mom claims to be a music expert. "I listen to everything. I listen to fucking opera sometimes."

For my Breaking Bad party, I borrowed a white table cover from the neighbors to fancy it up. I have yet to return it. "Jesus Christ, fucking cloth is still here."

Mom is an aggravated driver. "Everywhere you fucking go there's construction. And I don't go anywhere."

Which may have led to her recent ticket for speeding. "Fucking school zone. I asked the cop to let me go. But he said no. He wanted to show how big his dick is." 

OH TV. YOU USED TO BE BETTER. 

I've cut back my TV intake this year. I dropped all the shows I only sort of liked. Here's my thoughts on this season. 

1. This is my favorite stretch of the Walking Dead. Love the tone of the new showrunner. Zombie use has been creative. 

2. The Middle continues to be the most underrated show on TV. It never has a bad episode. It's just a simple, good old-fashioned show about middle America. Usually, kid actors suck, but this show has 3 good ones. Plus, Jan Itor. 

3. New Girl has been slightly down this year. But I still love me some Nick Miller. Same for Parks and Rec. But they've had the two best episodes of comedy this season. Sunny is just always hilarious. 

4. Not thrilled with some storylines in Parenthood. But that's probably my favorite show on the tube right now. 

5. I have a special place in my heart for How I Met Your Mother. But at this point, watching it is like doing chores when you're 10. 

No comments: