Friday, July 17, 2015

BOSTON: THE FINISH LINE

BAAAAWWWWSTEEEENNNN

It's been a few weeks since we returned from Boston, but there's so much I have written about. How bout the best of the rest in pictures?

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Jeans weren't ideal to run the 26 miles, but I made it work. 


Nicole pointed to those right-field bleachers and said, "Is that the green monster?"

I grabbed her hand and guided it over to left field, you know, where there's a pretty big green wall. "No, that is."


I had a Fenway Frank. So good. Nicole got a hamburger. So not good. Always get the Fenway Frank. 


Big Papi homered, and the Sox won 5-1. That was wicked awesome. We bought a green Red Sox hat and a Boston Strong T-shirt that says "Strongah." 


This was our condo. Really cute and in the middle of a nice neighborhood with easy access to the rest of town. 

There were no trash cans. We just threw our trash bag on the street. That was the only non-clean thing about the city. 


The Charles River with the city in sight. Oh, Boston. 


While no one knew my name inside, I was totally giddy to go to the bar that inspired one of my favorite shows. 

The next morning I called my mom. 

Mom: What you been up to there?
Me: Well, last night we went to Cheers. 
Mom: Oh yeah?
Me: Yes. It was so cool. 
Mom: Did you get some pants?
Me: Pants? Why would I do that?
Mom: You went to Sears, didn't you? Did you get some pants there?
Me: No, ma. We didn't go to Sears. We went to Cheers. You know, the bar. Sam, Dianne. Norm. 


We stumbled upon an outside public viewing of the U.S. Women against China in the World Cup quarterfinals. 


This is the map I used to navigate our travels. I only messed up one night, where we got off at the wrong stop twice. But we blame that on Christina being with us. I was flawless the rest of the week. 

A week subway pass is $19.00, and Nicole and I used it 22 times each. It took us from the airport to our condo and back and all over the city for the week. Cheapest public transportation ever. 

So goodbye, Boston. You have beans and citizens with cool accents. You have Fenway and the American Revolution. You have good fish and a sweet-ass part of town with all Italian restaurants. 

We'll remember you fondly. 


No comments: